January 17, 1961: Congo independence leader Patrice Lumumba executed following a military coup supported by U.S. and Belgian imperialism.
"As we commemorate the life of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., take a moment to remember another freedom fighter who perished in the struggle for liberation. Patrice Lumumba, the first legally elected prime minister of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), was assassinated 52 years ago today, on 17 January, 1961.”
Via Richard Reilly
Song of the day, Mario’s, “Just a Friend.”
—P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)
Song of the day.. For YOU.
- White people: Remember 911
- White people: Remember the Holocaust
- White people: Remember The Alamo
- White people: Remember the American Revolution
- White people: Remember Pearl Harbor
- White people: Slavery? Come on are you still stuck on that? It's time to move on that was yearsssssss ago no one cares anymore